South Carolina Water & Flood Damage Tips and Prevention Help!
- 24 Hour Emergency Services
- Fast Disaster Response Teams
- Trained and Experienced in Water Damage
- Advanced Water Removal, Drying & Water Inspection Equipment
- We Work With Your Insurance Company
From a broken pipe to excess rain, flooding and water damage can devastate your belongings and property. They frequently occur when you are least expecting them. That’s why you need to be prepared.
Immediate response is important to minimize the damage caused by flooding and other kinds of water-related disasters. Water remediation must be conducted quickly to reduce damage. You need to know who to call and what are the things that you can do in the meantime to prevent further damage.
You need professionals, and you need them fast. Active 1 restoration has well-trained experts that are highly experienced when it comes to water mitigation. We at active 1 restoration are always on standby to address any call for help regarding water damage and flooding.
The most important step to take if there is an emergency is to call us first so we can immediate do something to reduce the water damage. If you contact us and follow our helpful tips, you can rest assured that your property and possessions will not incur heavy damage, and they will be restored to their pre-flood conditions.
Call Us First
If you have a flooding emergency, or your property or belongings have sustained water damage, do not hesitate to contact us. This is the first thing that you must do. We at active 1 restoration can assist you with any flooding or water damage emergency. We are available 24/7. This means that we can address your situation immediately.Read more
The equipment used by our team is state-of-the-art. We have a complete lineup of tools for the different kinds of water damage. Our water damage remediation process only use high-grade equipment for effective evaluation, water extraction, clean up, drying out, disinfection, and water damage restoration.Read more
When you get in touch with Active 1 Restoration, our team will not only respond quickly, we will also provide you with advice on how you can minimize water damage and avoid further damage while you wait for us to arrive. We assure you that you’re safe in our hands and your emergency will be addressed in a timely manner.Read more
Watch Out For
Remember to prioritize the safety of yourself and your family when you’re subjected to a harsh water damage or flooding emergency. It is important to safeguard your possessions, but you must secure your safety first and call Active 1 restoration for help and water remediation. Contact us and follow our tips so that you can be free from harm.Read more
The First Thing Needed is Being Prepared and Acting Fast
Call Us First
The first thing that you must do when a flooding emergency occurs, or you’ve discovered certain water damage is to call Active 1 restoration. We can help you with any flooding-related emergency. It is vital that you contact us immediately so our team can minimize the damage to your property. If water damage is ignored, it can lead to more devastating and more expensive issues.
After you’ve contacted us, make sure that you and your family are free from harm. Here are some of the things that you can do until our help arrives at the scene of your emergency.
- Turn off the water main if the source of the flooding is a busted or leaking pipe.
- Switch off main circuit breaker of the house, and try to remove your electrical appliances out of the water’s reach.
- Refrain from walking in wet fabric like carpet or dirty rugs and mats.
- Cover the legs of your furniture with aluminum foil, and remove furnishings from carpet-covered areas so that you can prevent or minimize stains and rust.
- Hang furniture skirts and draperies.
- Remove high value, breakables, and moisture sensitive items away from the water.
- Always wash your hands after handling water or belongings.
- Do not try to use your home or shop vacuum to remove the water.
- Turn off the air conditioning and open the windows so the air can freely circulate.
Water damage is caused by a variety of conditions, like old pipes bursting, flooding, leaking roofs, or a toilet backflowing. High-grade equipment is needed to put a stop to the problem.
There are different kinds of water damage. Therefore, different tools and cleaning agents are necessary to resolve the issues completely. Active 1 restoration has all the needed equipment for water remediation.
From assessment to completion, our team only utilize state-of-the-art apparatuses. Advanced hygrometers and moisture detectors are being used to know the degree of water damage to your property. This equipment effectively measures the amount of moisture in the air and efficiently determine the moistness present in building materials and belongings. We also use infrared cameras to find hidden water pockets that can cause molds and other bacteria to propagate.
For water extraction and removal, we employ both gasoline-powered and electric submersible pumps to remove huge volumes of water as fast as possible. Our portable and truck-mounted vacuums has more than enough power to suck the water from the tiny crevices, carpets, flooring, etc.
For the drying process, our team uses industrial-strength dehumidifiers to remove excess moisture from the air and the surrounding, high-volume axial fans to circulate the air properly to further remove excess humidity, and high-tech wall and floor drying equipment to dry your belongings thoroughly and quickly.
Our team and our equipment can handle even the most demanding disaster scenarios. So, just contact us, and we will be there to assist you.
Watch Out For
During or after any water damage situation, your focus should be safety. Ask yourself these questions. Is it safe to stay here? Is the water flowing through my home safe to walk on? What are the hazards present in this area?
We have provided you a list of things that you must do and avoid when a flooding emergency occurs, or in any water damage situation.
- -Remove breakables and figurines and move them to a dry and safe place.
- -If you can, gather items from the floor because they can cause accidents.
- -Do not use any electrical appliances.
- -Watch out for sagging ceilings.
- -Examine old and mice-bitten wires for they can cause electrocution.
- -If the flooding came from rainwater then chances are that it also contains raw sewage, so you should avoid wading in the water for your health’s sake.
Water damage and flooding can happen when you least expect it. It is crucial that you know how to deal with such emergencies when they do come. Remember, to avoid further damage, besides heeding the pieces of advice given above, you need to contact Active 1 restoration first. Once we’ve received your request, we will be on our way to immediately conduct water remediation at your home or establishment.